Welcome! I am Heather, a musician, baker, and teacher living in beautiful Vancouver, BC! I use this blog to share my love for baking and the odd DIY or crafting project. Enjoy!
- Triple Chocolate Christmas Ganache Cake December 3, 2018
- All-Occasion Yellow Butter Cake November 27, 2018
- Strawberry Rose Vanilla Cake April 5, 2017
- Red Velvet Cake with White Chocolate Flakes and Heritage Cream Frosting January 4, 2017
- Blood Orange Thyme Cake August 3, 2016
December 2019 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
The Owl's InstagramBrowned butter cake with maple pecan buttercream and floral garnish. Swipe for my stress face as I drive and hold a cake in the other hand. (Parked while taking the pic, obv) #thiscantbelegalButterscotch Chocolate Banana Cake 🍂 🍁🍃 #blueowltreats Ps— completely over sharing this one but can you blame me? Happy autumn Vancouverites... this rain is a drag, but at least we can rest easy into the comforts of fall. What’s your favourite seasonal flavour?Coconut Cream Cake for my Momma 💫 PC @thepaiz
- Kamloops Symphony Orchestra: KSO at the Movies heatherbeaty.com/concerts-and-e… 9 months ago
- RT @Grimezsz: 🌙⭐️the Venus Fly Emotion picture, avec @JanelleMonae ! is now available on youtube in 4K ! m.youtube.com/watch?v=eTLTXD… 2 years ago
- Custom designed, 3D printed, hand painted BLUE OWL in the house...… instagram.com/p/BRPpcwfgA577… 2 years ago
- HBD to the shmooshiest little peanut fluff queen 🌟 😼#4yrsold… instagram.com/p/BQl51vWArMQi… 2 years ago
- RT @coastaljazz: TODAY: Winterruption Festival Day 2: A screamin' and hollerin' gypsy blues band bluemoonmarquee… instagram.com/p/BQqlF0Yjlx-/ 2 years ago
- About Me Almond Butter Baking baking, cake, birthday cake, blood orange, thyme, savoury cake, vancouver baker Bars Bread Breakfast Brownies Buttercream Cake Chickens Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies Christmas Coconut Cookies Craft cupcakes dessert DIY Doughnut First Post fresh eggs Frosting Gardening gluten free Halloween home Homemade Knitting Lemon Low Fat Meringue muffins Nutella Paleo Peanut Butter Peanut Butter Brownies Peppermint Pie Stationary tart Travel Valentines Vegan Video
Blue Owl Tags
- baked goods
- chocolate chip
- chocolate chip cookies
- chocolate chips
- comfort food
- do it yourself
- gluten free
- peanut butter
- vancouver baker
- vancouver blogger
Category Archives: Cookies
TGIF!! Have a fun weekend! Vancouverites, let’s hope this torrential rainstorm gives it quits once and for all. The weather gods are feeling a little moody up in the clouds today. Keep that umbrella close at hand my friend! I guess … Continue reading →
On February 14th I was put on Cookie Duty. Yes, a very serious and important task! Think I’m joking? This is no jest. Here’s the story: Every Friday at the Orpheum, orchestra musicians meet for a highly anticipated coffee break … Continue reading →
Today’s recipe is a classic shortbread cookie infused with orange zest and ground cardamom spice. The cookies are bite-sized and soft, and have a heavenly way of melting on your tongue in their buttery-icing-sugar simplicity.
Today’s holiday dessert is a traditional German gingerbread cookie, Pfeffernüsse! (Translated to mean pepper nuts). Each cookie is a tiny morsel, yet packed with fragrant spices and citrus zest.
Happy American Thanksgiving to all the readers down south! What are you up to today? After playing a concert this evening, I am going to hop on a midnight water taxi to have a little island get-away.
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you! Do you have any adventurous plans for your long weekend? This sunshine beaming down on Vancouver today is such a welcome surprise after the forecast for rain. I hope you have the chance to get out … Continue reading →
Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar!? Who me? Couldn’t be! (haha.. remember that (annoying) childhood song? ;) ) Well you would steal one of these peanut butter cookies if you only had the chance! Simply a bite would make even the … Continue reading →